Once upon a December. Anastasia in Russian. This would be the language that she would have sang in. Everything just seems more genuine and real.
May or may not have chills right now.
One of my favorite thing to do is look up music from classic animated films in the languages of the movies setting. I love listing to music from the Lion King’s “Be Prepared” in Zulu, to Mulan’s “Honor to Us all” in Mandarin Chinese, and even Hercules’s “Zero to Hero” in Greek. Its amazing! Even though this movie isnt Disney, I do the same with the music from it.
Also, if you think “Once Upon a December” is amazing in Russian, you have not lived till you’ve herd “In The Dark of The Night” in Russian.
4. Favourite film → Into The Wild
“Two years he walks the earth. No phone, no pool, no pets, no cigarettes. Ultimate freedom. An extremist. An aesthetic voyager whose home is the road. Escaped from Atlanta. Thou shalt not return, ‘cause “the West is the best.” And now after two rambling years comes the final and greatest adventure. The climactic battle to kill the false being within and victoriously conclude the spiritual pilgrimage. Ten days and nights of freight trains and hitchhiking bring him to the Great White North. No longer to be poisoned by civilization he flees, and walks alone upon the land to become lost in the wild. - Alexander Supertramp May 1992”
My Top 100 Favorite Movie Countdown // 91. Into the Wild
“It should not be denied that being footloose has always exhilarated us. It is associated in our minds with escape from history and oppression and law and irksome obligations. Absolute freedom. And the road has always led west.”
Spirited Away- Memories
“I am not going to sit on my ass as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I’m going to take a stand. I’m going to defend it. Right or wrong, I’m going to defend it.”
I felt it.
I was perfect.
Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club.
Magic does not exist. Not for you, me, or anyone else.
Fun Facts about Mean Girls:
- 1. Initially, Lindsay Lohan was cast as Regina, but decided to play the “nice girl” so the public wouldn’t base her real personality on Regina’s.
- 2. Amanda Seyfried was initially supposed to play Cady, Lindsay Lohan’s part.
- 3. Tim Meadows broke his hand before shooting and had to wear a cast, so the explanation that his character Mr. Duvall had carpal tunnel was added.
- 4. In the scene where Cady was asked if her “muffin was buttered”, the line was originally going to be, “Is your cherry popped?” The same goes for the girl who “made out with a hot dog” this was going to be “masturbated with a hot dog”. These were omitted in order for the film to gain a PG 13+ rating instead of a R.
- 5. Ashley Tisdale auditioned for Karen Smith.
- 6. Lindsay Lohan’s character is named “Cady”, which has a common pronunciation (“Katie”) but an uncommon spelling for an American girl’s first name. In keeping with the film’s theme of female empowerment, it is the same spelling of the birth last name of Elizabeth Cady Stanton, an 18th-century pioneer in the American Women’s Rights movement.
- 7. In real life, Rachel McAdams is 8 years older than Lindsay Lohan, who plays her classmate, and only 7 years younger than Amy Poehler, who plays her mother.
- 8. When casting the film, Tina Fey picked Jonathan Bennett (Aaron Samuels) because he looked like Jimmy Fallon.
- 9. Mean Girls is based on the book “Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence” by Rosalind Wiseman, even though it is a non-fiction parental self-help guide with no narrative at all.
- 10. Rachel McAdams’ hair was a wig.
- 11. The skirts for the Christmas talent show were made of plastic; the costume designer says they were made of that fabric to “represent the Plastics”.
- 12. David Reale, a Canadian actor born 1984, was the man who played Glen Coco. Sadly, this crucial role was not credited in the movie.
FOUR FOR YOU DAVID REALE, YOU GO DAVID REALE
I love this